Thank you to Candy Lynn Fite over at On the Trail to Publication. She tagged me with the Lucky 7 Meme & answering her 10 questions and gave me the secret to her Bubbles nickname (continue reading to find out). Here are the rules for Lucky 7 Meme:
- Go to page 77 of your current MS.
- Go to line 7.
- Copy the next 7 lines - sentences or paragraphs - and post them as they're written. No cheating!
- Tag 7 authors.
- Let them know.
“That’s the trippiest thing I’ve ever seen!” Greg said.
The florescent lights hanging from the ceiling began to crackle and flicker.
“I’m not feeling good about being here,” Logan whispered.
“This is obviously some elaborate prank. Good one!” Greg yelled out to the room.
“No, I don’t think so,” Logan said, stepping away from the other two.
The florescent lights on the far end of the locker room went out, followed by the next row, and the next—until the only lights illuminated were directly above the row where the three boys stood.
“I’m getting out of here,” Logan said and ventured into the shadows, headed toward the door. He dragged his left hand along the cement wall and stepped slowly and carefully as the room in front of him darkened. Upon finding the door, he pushed as hard as he could, but it still wouldn’t open.
- p. 77 (in my formatting), Provex City (The Lorne Family Vault, Book 1)
Now, on to The Lucky 7 questions (but there are 10 of them...I know):
1. What is your dream vacation? There are many places I’ve never been to that I really want to visit and explore. But one place I had the opportunity to visit for an afternoon and swim with dolphins was the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas. When we were there, I told my wife that we absolutely must come back and actually stay here—in a suite.
2. Are you spontaneous or do you like to plan? I like to plan for spontaneity.
3. Tell us one thing you want to do, but don't dare do. I’d love to be the lead singer of a band, but I don’t sing very well and I’m petrified of being up in front of a crowd, so I probably won’t be doing that any time soon.
4. What's your biggest phobia? Public speaking—it’s a fear worse than death. Kind of irrational, but true.
5. If you were stranded on a desert island--what 3 things would you want with you (not including laptop or family)? One notebook, one pen, and one boat to get off the island when I'm done writing the next great American novel.
6. Name 3 blessings in your life. Family, friends, and work (it's still a tough economy!)
7. What was your nickname in high school? "Mikey Likes It," from the old Life cereal commercials.
8. If you could meet the President of the US, what would you say to him? I'd like to ask him about his family, his most memorable moment in office, and see if he’d be willing to promote Provex City on national television. Haha.
9. If you could be any literary character for a day, who would you be? Roland of Gilead, from Stephen King’s The Dark Tower Series. He’s just bad-ass in every sense of the word. Though I’d want to be him before he lost two vital fingers on his shooting hand.
10. What is your favorite quote? “Every passing moment is another chance to turn it all around.” – Sofia Serrano from Vanilla Sky
Now, it’s time to extend the Lucky 7 to a few fellow writers of my choice (oh, the power!). Since I’m new to the Insecure Writer’s Support Group, I’m choosing 7 members of Alex J. Cavanaugh's IWSG. I'm interested and anxious to meet more members. If you’ve been chosen, then I hope you have fun with this. If you’ve been chosen before, then I’m sorry, but do it again. Just kidding, that would be mean. :) Lastly, I'm also sorry, but I lied. I don't have the answer to Candy's Bubbles nickname. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.
Now, without delay, please join me on a journey through the blogs of these seven “lucky” writers: