Hookers & Hangers Blogfest, July 16th & July 18th, presented by Falling for Fiction.
We all know how important the first and last lines are in every chapter. This blogfest will hopefully get your HOOKERS and HANGERS polished making it impossible for readers to put down your book and leaving them begging for more!
On July 16th, post the first sentence from each chapter.
On July 18th, post the last sentence from each chapter.
Post as many as you like!
We will be judging everyone’s first three HOOKERS and first three HANGERS. We’ll each pick two winners (MOST ENTICING HOOKER and MOST IMPOSSIBLE HANGER) making a total of ten winners! Winners will receive a 10 page (double spaced) critique and a Friday Spotlight on FFF!
Here are a few of my chapter hangers from my newly completely first draft of SUSY Asylum (The Lorne family Vault Series, Book 2). I'll start it off with the song that goes with my number 1 for both posts.
- Desiree closed her eyes, let go of the railing, and instantly felt her weightless body slide back and take flight.
- Desiree pulled TJ into her like it was the end of the world and there would be no tomorrow.
- All I knew was I only had a few seconds left before everything went black and I lost more time, one more way I was at the mercy of Alexandria Lorne and her asylum.
- “TJ, please turn around; I’m coming out,” Desiree said with as much confidence as she could gather and slowly opened the door.
- “The voice in my head tells me we’re in the right spot,” I said and led the way into the closest building—Building 4C.