Hookers & Hangers Blogfest, July 16th & July 18th, presented by Falling for Fiction.
We all know how important the first and last lines are in every chapter. This blogfest will hopefully get your HOOKERS and HANGERS polished making it impossible for readers to put down your book and leaving them begging for more!
On July 16th, post the first sentence from each chapter.
On July 18th, post the last sentence from each chapter.
Post as many as you like!
We will be judging everyone’s first three HOOKERS and first three HANGERS. We’ll each pick two winners (MOST ENTICING HOOKER and MOST IMPOSSIBLE HANGER) making a total of ten winners! Winners will receive a 10 page (double spaced) critique and a Friday Spotlight on FFF!
Here are a few of my chapter opening hooks from my newly completely first draft of SUSY Asylum (The Lorne family Vault Series, Book 2). Enjoy!
- There were still blood stains on the concrete where he had taken his last steps and collapsed.
- Anna was a great girl and I think she really liked me, but every time I closed my eyes to kiss her, I pictured Desiree.
- Desiree’s plan to turn me into a born-again Lorne was underway—and I couldn’t tell if the idea was brilliant or insane—but she was committed to it.
- I sat silently on Desiree’s empty bed while her mother and sister slept soundly, with no idea I was in their house.
- The icy hands holding me under the water felt so real, not metaphorical hands, but real hands, which were then pulling me up.